Our major responsibilities are as follows but not limited to:
- Increase the participation of women within IEEE; especially in Region 8.
- Organize reception at major national technical conferences to enhance networking and to promote membership in WIE.
- Organize workshops, conferences, technical panels, meetings, visiting tours, internships etc. to empower our members in technical, professional and social aspects.
- Keep graduated engineers, especially young women, updated with new technologies.
- Gather and circulate information regarding to the status of women.
- Promote WIE member grade advancement to Senior and Fellow.
- Recognize women’s outstanding achievements in IEEE related majors through IEEE awards nominations.
Address ways to improve the climate for women in workplaces.