The Chapter Chairman is one of the most important officers in the Section because he/she is directly concerned with one of the IEEE’s basic objectives of advancing theory and practice.
The responsibilities of the Chapters Committee are:
1. Maintain the relationship between the Chapter, the Section, Region 8 and the parent Society.
2. Find out the needs and problems of Chapter members.
3. Operate the Chapter and ensure that it has an adequate programm of meetings for members’ needs and for meeting the IEEE requirement for a minimum number of meetings each year.
4. Represent the Chapter at meetings of the Section
5. Co-operate with the Section and Region 8 Chapter Co-ordinator.